My Post Experience: Omar Andujar, taking a career to the next level

When I started out on my journey at Post University, I hoped earning a graduate degree would help me achieve my career goals. The MBA I earned in August 2010 did not just make my goals more attainable; it allowed me to take my career to the next level.

Omar Andujar

Omar Andujar

Pursuing an MBA was a longtime personal and professional goal of mine.  After considering several options, I was attracted to the MBA program with a concentration in Corporate Innovation offered at Post. The program struck the right balance between exploring the business and creative sides of change management and the skills needed to lead all types of organizations.  The online MBA program provided me with the maximum flexibility to complete my coursework without having to sacrifice time away from my career or my family. The convenient location of Post also made it possible to take advantage of campus resources and meet face-to-face with program faculty.

I currently serve as the Director of the Office of Youth Conference Services at the University of Florida. In my existing role, I am responsible for the operation of a newly created university-wide office that functions as a clearinghouse for all youth-related activities at the University of Florida. I oversee day-to-day matters, including identifying and mitigating risks associated with minors on campus, managing a comprehensive central registration process, developing training and educational resources, and employing strategies to monitor and improve organization compliance.

Within months of enrolling at Post, I took on a role where I was responsible for establishing and overseeing a corporate compliance program at one of the largest not-for-profit agencies in Connecticut. This opportunity, coupled with the skills and knowledge gained throughout my Post experience, contributed to my ability to acquire a highly visible role at one of the nation’s leading research institutions and lead campus-wide efforts in creating “best practices” for protecting minors on campus.

While at Post University I found my studies to be thought-provoking and engaging. The faculty came from diverse professional backgrounds and covered fundamental business theories and concepts using a variety of innovative pedagogical techniques. The practical skills and knowledge attained from the MBA coursework put me in a position to successfully execute various projects, analyze emerging trends, and bring about effective organizational change.

Time and time again I reflect on my Post experience and I leverage what I learned to continue to advance and succeed in my field.   It was truly a high-value experience and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to take their career to the next level.