|Sen. Robert Kane|
With his fellow Advisory Council members, Sen. Kane will provide guidance on how to shape our curriculum to enable our students to hone their administrative and executive level skills for successful careers in the public sector. He will be instrumental in bringing real-world insight into the inner workings of public administration, which is crucial to ensuring our MPA degree program -- and all our degree programs -- prepare students to adeptly enter the field and make an impact.
Sen. Kane was first elected to represent the 32nd Senatorial District in 2008. He is a Senate Deputy Minority Leader, and serves as the Ranking Member of the Connecticut General Assembly's Appropriations Committee. He is also a successful business owner, continuing to run KarTele Cellular Phones in Waterbury, and is involved in many organizations in the community.
Sen. Kane joins six other Advisory Council members from a variety of organizations, including:
- Attorney Eric R. Brown, General Counsel, American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) Council 15
- John Buturla, Deputy Chief of Police, Richmond Police Department
- Robyn Lawlor, Technical Expert, U.S. Social Security Administration
- James Nardozzi, Assistant Chief, Bridgeport Police Department
- Sandra Roosa, Vice President of Patient Care (retired), St. Mary's Hospital
- Gary Steck, CEO, Wellmore, Inc.
We issued a press release announcing Sen. Kane's joining our MPA Advisory Council, which you can read for more details.
Welcome to Post University, Sen. Kane!