After much deliberation and a lot of laughter, we have chosen the winner of our latest cartoon caption contest! We read through a couple hundred side-splitting entries, but only one person can be crowned funniest of them all.
This time around, the best funny man was …
Josh Hankins from Akron, Ohio!
We added his caption into the cartoon. Check it out!
- Gourmet grilling meats from Omaha Steaks for six people
- A t-shirt printed with the cartoon and your winning caption
- An original 8.5″ x 11″ colored print of the cartoon with your winning caption, autographed by Dave, and suitable for framing
And don’t forget your bragging rights!
Now, when we launched this contest, we told you that the cartoonist, Dave Blazek, had also developed a caption for his cartoon. We kept that caption hidden while we ran the contest to see if anyone could come close to Dave’s punch line, or even match it exactly.
Now that the submission period is over, we are unveiling Dave’s original caption. Curtains, please!
So could anyone align with Dave’s brain on this cartoon? It turns out, we didn’t get an exact match. But, we did get some close submissions. In fact, six entries were nearly identical to one another. So, we’re giving out not one, but six honorable mentions to:
- Tracy Doran, with “Oh no Mr. Tut, you are NEVER too old to start our degree program.”
- Debra Rosbeck, with “You’re never too old to sign up!”
- Marie Gaffney, with “You’re never too old to get your degree!”
- Sarah Kmetetz, with “You’re never too old to learn!”
- Carissa Caccone, with “You’re never too old to go back to school.”
- Suzanne Beck, with “I hear that you’re never too old to go back to school.”
What caption do you like the best?
Thanks to everyone who entered. We had a great time judging all of your creative captions, so another cartoon caption contest is sure to be in the cards. Keep your eyes peeled and your wits sharp, because you could be the next big winner!
Post University cartoon by Dave Blazek is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at blog.post.edu.