Friday, October 28, 2011

Adult learner reveals his secret to succeeding in online classes

Online MBA student Charles Stott
Some colleagues of mine were recently at a Partners in Education event with peers from around the higher education sector. One of the folks there was Charles Stott, an admissions representative at Berkeley College who's also one of our online MBA degree program students. His concentration is in Leadership.

Charles came up to a couple of us from Post University at one point during the event, and shared some glowing remarks about his experience in our Online MBA Degree Program. They said it was gratifying to hear them, and a pleasure to talk with Charles face-to-face about the difference his Post University education is making in his life.

But what was even more delightful was to see this email he sent us after the event. Read on and you'll see what I mean. Be sure to read it 'til the end to learn Charles' secret to succeeding in his online classes. His email follows, exactly as he wrote it.
I am a busy adult who works in college admissions for a prominent private institution in New York. When looking for a college to assist me in reaching my goals, I chose to pursue my Master's Degree in Organizational Leadership, at Post University by means of their Online Degree Program. The reasons are many, as a busy adult, flexibility, time, and a quality education are all very important to me.

Through Post University's Online Learning Format, I was able to take advantage of an accelerated degree, which provided me with the flexibility that I needed, and with a proven track record, which offered the competitive advantage I was looking for in an institution of higher learning. The curriculum at Post University also assisted me tremendously in challenging my current beliefs while enhancing my ability to think critically in order to consider different possibilities.

For those that have not tried online learning at Post University, give it additional consideration. You may be surprised to find out just how exciting the online format can be. Please don't get me wrong, it's clear that to truly be successful, the motivation must come from within. If you are a student that is personally driven, organized, and committed to realizing a brighter future for yourself, as well as for those in your life that are important to you, make the commitment to act now. I assure you that you will not regret it.

It was my responsibility to provide the motivation and the desire, and Post University provided me with instructors, who possess both theoretical as well as practical knowledge. In addition, the instructors also take the time to get involved and participate in discussions to enhance my learning. My instructors have truly made the online program and learning experience dynamic, enlightening, and definitely exciting. I am glad that I chose Post University to achieve my personal as well as professional objectives. Post University is clearly the right choice for me today, while also preparing me for the ever-changing business needs of tomorrow.

Charles Stott
Berkeley College
White Plains, NY
So glad to hear this good news, Charles. Best of luck as you complete your MBA degree, and thereafter in your future endeavors!

If you're an adult learner in our online MBA program, what's your experience been like? We'd love to hear your feedback!