America's Imagination Summit is the first national gathering on the place of imagination in education. Leaders from business, government, education, science, the arts, and other fields will commit to giving American students the tools they need for success in the 21st century: imagination, creativity, and innovation.
Lincoln Center Institute, the educational arm of Lincoln Center and the event's host, believes this diverse coalition is capable of influencing schools and bringing about education policy change.
Among the speakers and panelists at the summit are:
- Kiran Bir Sethi, founder and Director of the Riverside School in India
- Sir Ken Robinson, author and expert in the field of creativity
- Sandra Chapman, founder and Chief Director of the Center for BrainHealth
- Matthew Bishop, U.S. Business Editor, The Economist
- Deepak Chopra, founder, The Chopra Foundation
- Bruce Vaughn, Chief Creative Director, Walt Disney Imagineering
- John Deasy, Superintendent, Los Angeles Unified School District
- Honorable Judith Kaye, former Chief Judge of New York State
- Vice Admiral Michael Miller, Superintendent of the U.S. Naval Academy
- Sade Baderinwa, Co-anchor, WABC-TV, "Eyewitness News"
- Merryl Tisch, Chancellor, New York State Board of Regents
- Peter Cunningham, Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Education
- Deborah Wince-Smith, President and CEO, Council on Competitiveness
- John Wilson, Executive Director, National Education Association
- Bill Moggridge, Director, Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum
- Tony DeRose, Lead, Research Group, Pixar Studios
- Charles Segars, CEO, Ovation
- Cameron Sinclair, Executive Director and CEO, Architecture for Humanity
- General Charles Wald, former deputy commander of the U.S. European Command