Monday, February 21, 2011

New Air Force recruit believes the sky's the limit

New Air Force recruit Christine DeJesus has a message to share: You can be a stronger person if you set your mind to it.

She grew up in Bronx, N.Y., with two goals. Be the first in her family to earn a college degree, and be an officer in the military.

She accomplished her first goal when she graduated from Post University in 2009 with a bachelor's degree in marketing. She's remained a close part of the Post University family ever since, working in the school's accelerated degree program admissions department.

But Christine still had her eyes on her second goal. She continued exploring military opportunities. I remember talking to her about how she could make it work.

About six months ago, she told me that she was ready to pursue this dream and asked me to be a reference for her, which I was absolutely happy to do. Although I didn't want her to leave Post, I know how important it is to follow your dreams. So, Christine decided to join the Air Force.

We're very proud of her decision to serve her country. She has been a class act all the way and we're super excited for her. Once her training is done, we expect to see her start taking classes again in our MBA program, which she started while working at Post.

Christine left last week for training in San Antonio, Texas. Our blogging team caught up with her before she left to reflect on this new chapter of her life that's about to be written.

I wish Christine the best of luck on behalf of everyone at Post! No matter where she travels, she will always be a part of the Post University family and we look forward to hearing how she's doing.